Boost Your Immune System naturally by focusing on exercise, hydration and supplements such as Olive Leaf Extract all working synergistically to boost immunity. Try them out and let us know what you think in the comment section below!
How to Boost Your Immune System
1. Sleep Well
We all know that an adult needs 8 hours of sleep every night to function properly the next day. Without proper sleep we tend to be sluggish and lack focus. Why not implement a night time routine to help you get the best night’s sleep! Below is the Night Time Routine that we use:
Time needed: 30 minutes.
Night Time Routine:
- Screen Time: Don’t look at your electronic devices 30-minutes before bed. Try moving your phone charger from your bedside table to your entryway or kitchen.
- Prepare your environment: Spray lavender essential oil on your pillow. We recommend an Aroma Spray it has Organic Rose Water, Organic Lavender Essential Oil & Organic Geranium Essential Oil. Great to help you relax and fall asleep!
- Night time Supplements: Take your night time supplements – We recommend Vabori Olive Leaf Extract Natural 500ml to help boost your immune system and fight free radicals while you sleep. Other supplements could include Zinc or Magnesium.
- Clean Up: Have a warm shower, clean up around. Maybe there’s some clothes on the floor, pop them in the laundry hamper. If you can see a clean environment before bedtime, it can help to relax you.
- Skincare: Apply your skincare. Why not try an Organic Moisturising Gel
- Bed Time: Jump into your bed and start counting those sheep!
2. Olive Leaf Extract
A great immune boosting supplement is olive leaf extract. With the benefits being plentiful, let’s talk about a few specific ones such as; How it works as an Anti-Microbial and its ability to fight Free Radicals.
- Anti-Microbial effects of Olive Leaf Extract are derived from its active ingredient Oleuropein. (read: what is Oleuropein). The way it works is, it inhibits the growth of viruses. Once a virus gets into your system its intention is to multiply, olive leaf extract prevents this process by stimulating phagocytosis, thereby enhancing the immune response to viral infection. We’ve even received emails from customers who have used olive leaf extract for herpes.
- Free Radical Fighting effects of Olive Leaf Extract are also derived from the same active ingredient, Oleuropein. Essentially, oleuropein can prevent the oxidation of molecules that cause damage. To fight free radicals aka oxidisation – your body needs antioxidants such as Vitamin C. Olive Leaf Extract has 400 times the antioxidant capacity of Vitamin C which makes it your Free Radical Fighting Friend!
3. Reduce Stress
We should always be trying to find ways to reduce stress. With work and home life pressures when do we get time for ourselves! Why not try to incorporate a mindful breathing exercise into your day. Start with 5 minutes of breathing with your eyes closed and see how you feel. If you need some inspiration or a little motivation – have a look on the app store and pick a mindfulness app to download. They’ll be able to guide you through the process.
4. Drink Water
While an obvious tip to help boost your immune system – it specifically helps to flush toxins out of your system. What is fascinating is that if you lose 2% of water, this can decrease your immunity! What that means is, if you can remain hydrated it may help to fight off colds.
Exercising to boost immunity has to be the cheapest and perhaps the most neglected preventative measure against several diseases. For decades, doctors and scientists have been researching the link between exercise and immunity against diseases such as the common cold.
What they’ve found is that people who exercise often have an increased immunity for several hours after their training sessions, be it a regular walk for half an hour, or a few hours in the gym every week.
Your cardiovascular system becomes more efficient at pumping blood through your body, making you less prone to heart diseases. Your lungs become stronger with a higher oxygen capacity, helping you inhale more oxygen when you breathe and remove more carbon dioxide as you breathe out.
Researchers speculate that exercise can boost your white blood cells which are responsible for fighting against pathogens which cause diseases, particularly bacteria and viruses.
It is important to remember that overdoing exercise can also hurt the immune system if you don’t take adequate rest between sessions and don’t build up the intensity of your workouts gradually. This is why some people may have experienced feeling rundown or lethargic after doing very intense exercise in a short period of time or running a marathon without training for it correctly in the months prior.
Exercise releases toxins through sweating, so make sure you wash up thoroughly after, or your exercise efforts for higher immunity might be counter-productive.
6. Reduce Sugar
Maybe you already adhere to a healthy lifestyle. However, did you know that all these healthy bars and treats that you might be buying actually contain a lot of sugar. Most of them do a great job by sourcing natural sugar through fruits or sweet vegetables. However, these sugars can quite easily put us over our daily quota of recommended sugar intake of 50g for an Australian adult. Why not try to add some more fruits to help boost your immune system. Be conscious about the foods you eat and don’t deprive your body – sometimes you just need that little treat to get you through the day!
Are you travelling soon? Have a read of the Best Natural Travel Remedy that you can take with you on your trip!
Do you have any tips on how to boost your immune system? Email us a tip that works for you.